Thursday, March 14, 2013

Almost a year to the day!!!

Well, I knew it had been a long time, but seriously...almost a year?!?!? Tomorrow will be one year since I made my last post. I always have such grandious ideas when I start something new, and yet most of the time they just fizzle out into something, well lets just say they fizzle out into something less than grandious :)

It's interesting that my last post was about how so much can happen in a year. After going back and reading the whole post, I was reminded just how much God has done this last year. I think it would probably take me hours and hours to even touch the surface on the things He has done!

Most people know I moved to Evansville, IN on October 26, 2012. Most people don't know that God had been leading me here for more than a year, and I finally made the decision to be obedient last spring. It's interesting the peace that comes when you surrender to what the Lord has for you. I've learned the hard way that things that look and sound "good" are not always what the Lord has in mind for you. I've also experienced first hand God's graciousness, faithfulness, love, and power. Some things that have happened this past year are completely, hands down, God working in miraculous ways. There is no other way to explain it, and yet at times I still find myself crying out to the Lord "I believe, help my unbelief".

So many thoughts are just whirling around in my head, but the one thing that is standing out to share is this.....God is the God of the impossible. He makes beautiful things, He makes beautiful things out of us. We see things in the physical, but we don't always see what He is doing in the spiritual. Situations may look hopeless, with God there is hope. Situations may look beyond our power to do anything, they are, but God is the God of miracles. Jeremiah 32:17 says "You have made the heavens and the earth with Your mighty outstretched arm, NOTHING is too hard for You." This verse has been my rock this past year, and believe me He continues to show me that NOTHING is too hard for Him! We are never too far from God's grace. We are new creations if we are in Christ, the old is gone and the new has come. We need to stop living in the "what was" and begin to live our new lives in the "what is, what will be". God is bigger than anything we struggle with, we go through, the list goes on and on....so take heart. GOD IS THE GOD OF THE IMPOSSIBLE....THAT is what I've learned in this past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment