Thursday, March 8, 2012

Leaving on a.....well, in a car

So I'm leaving tonight to go with 3 other girls to help in Illinois. I'm super excited about the girls who are going with me. Amy, my mucking buddy from Iowa, so glad she was able to get out of work! Vanessa, one of my girls from Pleasant Vineyard and my Alabama cleanup girl. And lastly, Nichole, one of Vanessa's friends, who I'm super stoked to meet and work with. I'm so thankful that I work for such amazing people, AND they went through some stuff so they could send towels and sheets down with me! I'm so blessed!

I was driving to work today and Steven Curtis Chapman's song "Beauty Will Rise" came on the radio. As I was singing along to the lyrics I began to think about the work we are about to do and just really felt that this was a song for the people of Harrisburg. Some lost everything, but through it all something beautiful will come. We may not see it right now, but God is working! What an encouragement!

Yes, it is great to be able to have the opportunity to help cleanup, but more importantly I truly hope that we are able to talk with people, encourage them, love on them! Show them that there are people around the U.S. thinking and praying for them. Who knows what we'll be doing this weekend, we may be out cleaning up or maybe we'll be handing out donations....whatever we do though I pray that we will be the hands and feet of Jesus to ALL we come in contact with.

No comments:

Post a Comment